Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Honey Pig


From my Yelp page
4 /5 stars
Unless you want cardiac surgery, I don't suggest coming here more than once a year. When you DO go, here are some things to keep in mind:

1) wear clothes you don't care about. In fact, remember that shirt in the back of your closet that you know you should get rid of but can't bring yourself to? Wear it to Honey Pig and you'll have no trouble trashing it the next day. YOUR CLOTHES WILL SMELLLLLL. I made the mistake of not listening to people the first time I went. Let's put it this way:

Have you ever seen a restaurant that keeps 5 Febreeze containers by the door??? Honey Pig does, and it won't get that smell off you.

2) Go with someone who speaks Korean. You'll get much better service. If you don't, they'll forget you...or pretend to. Sad, but the truth...

3) If you don't go with someone who speaks Korean and they speak Korean to you, just nod your head and pretend you do. You might be able to get decent service.

4) Make sure you get the rice at the end where they make your leftovers into a very greasy fried rice.

5) This should go without saying, but don't bring a date there. The lingering smell of kimchi with squid, garlic, and pork fat is not very romantic afterwards. (I've noticed that someone stuck Honey Pig under romantic Duluth restaurants...I hope that is a joke)

I can't really suggest Honey Pig to the people I love. Doing so would be like saying, "I want you to be really fat and die of heart disease!" I know that sounds silly, but honey pig is probably one of the most greasy and fatty meals I have ever had. Depending on what you get, you may be better off going to the Varsity and ordering a hot dog and hamburger with the works plus all the greasy onion rings.

I do give this place 4 stars, however, because when you don't think about how your arteries are being clogged, the food is quite good. It is also a one-of-a-kind in Atlanta and that's always nice to have. One of the stars also is given for the febreeze by the door. So, props to you Honey Pig, for being something new, yummy, and very smelly!!!!

No comments: