Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eventful week

I haven't really been updating lately since things have been busy, but that doesn't mean we haven't been able to get out. Unfortunately (or not so unfortunately) for me, most of our activities have revolved around food events. (Okay, we did see Batman last night, but so did all of America) Like I said, we went to Food Studio one last time this week. (I've now uploaded pics) It wasn't the best closing, but I'm glad I went. Food Studio has been a place of great memories.

We also attended the Yelp event at Table 1280, which was pretty fun. (my first Yelp event!) The weather was perfect that day. We were greeted by the very spirited Deanna from Yelp, who organized the party. Yelp and Table 1280 were great hosts...they kept the drinks and food coming and had little activities on the sides to keep the party going. It was pretty fun to see some of the Yelpers live in person, although I'll have to admit I didn't really advertise who I was. Exhausted from my long week and not feeling as sociable that day, I sat back and observed a bit more than I normally would have. I hope to meet more people at the next one. It was an awesome event though and it was a great mix of people.


We also took the opportunity to get some dessert at Table 1280. (even though we had already eaten dessert at the party) Yum! Table 1280 generally has delicious and innovative desserts. The current pastry chef is Chad Guay, one of my favs in Atlanta! The dessert menu is always changing here, but we had the: Peach Upside Down Cake, Basil Ice Cream, Sweet Tea Reduction; and the Roasted Plum Turnover, Fromage Blanc Sorbet, Candied Ginger



I'll write more later about some of our other restaurant visits later...

No comments: