Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Restaurant Charlie - Las Vegas, NV



I went to a conference in Las Vegas earlier this year and haven't reviewed this until now.

Let me start off by saying that I loved every bite of food at Restaurant Charlie. Every bite. I had fish there that surpassed my experiences eating at a restaurant next to the famous Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, which I might add is incredible in itself.

The reason why this place does not get a five is the atmosphere. The ambiance is sleepy. For whatever reason, I did not like sitting in the restaurant at all, even though we had the most beautiful view. Despite delicious course after course, I was itching for the moment to be released from overly subdued atmosphere.

Unlike some of the reviews I've read on Yelp, I thought the service wasn't bad. Our server seemed a bit nervous and awkward, but he was nice and professional. The table-side presentation and nice touch of being all served in one swoop was nice as well.

I cannot even begin to pinpoint what dishes to order, although the trout does stand out in my mind. At my table, we ordered a number of items to try. There were no disappointments. Also, save room for dessert. We had something with honey, although I cannot remember what it was called. It was phenomenal though.

Of all of my fine dining experiences in Las Vegas, the food here was THE BEST. I've been highly disappointed with the food of other famous restaurants in Vegas. Restaurant Charlie had exceptional quality in ingredients and cuts of fish. I give this a thumbs up! I only caution about the ambiance.

No comments: