Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tei Tei Dallas, TX

I'm not going to review this one on yelp because I can't justify giving it a four, but I don't want to give it a three either but it fits somewhere in there.

It has been a long time since I have written. Trust me, there are many places I would have liked to blog about but it has been a bit hectic in my life lately. I am trying to get back into the groove of things though.

This entry has nothing to with Atlanta. After recommendations from friends and a bit of help from Yelp, we ended up at a place called Tei Tei Robata Bar located on North Henderson. The area seems to be a center of good eats, or at least restaurants with many people lined up to get in. The restaurant wasn't incredibly large, but there was a separate bar area where you could drink and have appetizers while waiting for a table, and be enticed by the smokey aromas of the grill.

It was a fun environment with an attentive staff and friendly manager. This certainly helped with the experience because the food did not live up to the recommendations. Off night? I'm not sure. The food was still good and I'd probably be willing to try it again. Also, in all fairness, we had all recently returned from Japan. (unfair comparison)

I think the best course of the night was the sea bass.

All in all, I'd like to try this place some time again in the future. I wasn't particularly "wowed" by anything on the night we went, but I think it has potential. The restaurant was formerly part of another group (with one called Teppo) so it appears that perhaps they are trying to find their bearings right now. The staff also seem quite passionate for the restaurant, so I'm hoping for better on return. As for now, it is a bit more trendy and glam than solid good eats. It is worth a try for a fun night though.

No comments: