Saturday, December 19, 2009

Watershed

406 W Ponce De Leon Ave
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 378-4900

I see a lot of 3s and 4s on Yelp and I usually get slammed for rating too low. Well here is a 5 for you Watershed!

I'm not sure if my expectations were so low or that I had been so unimpressed with my previous visit at this Decatur restaurant years ago, but Watershed's food blew me away.

I had heard so much about this famous Fried Chicken on Tuesday. Seriously, how good could it be? I was proven wrong. The chicken lived up to the hype. Of course, I happened to get there fairly early and not have to stand with the grumpy people outside who may or may not land a plate of the chicken, but I thought it was a really great experience.

My friend and I sat at the bar and the service was wonderful as well. The bartender explained in detail how the chicken was made, although I can't really recall the whole process since I was devouring this perfectly golden dish. The chicken was evenly cooked and was perfectly seasoned. The veggies and mash potatoes were beautifully presented and delicious as well.

Don't worry, I'm not just judging based on the chicken. My friend's salmon croquettes were good as well and dessert, though simple, was a winner.

Go on a Tuesday when you get off relatively early. Every Atlantan should try! Best fried chicken in Atlanta.

No comments: